Feb 05, 2024 All day
The Elks National Foundation is awarding three $4,000 scholarships to children and grandchildren of Elks members.
- For the 2024 contest, any child or grandchild (or step-child, step-grandchild, or legal ward) of a living Elk who joined the order on or before April 1, 2021, or a charter member of a Lodge that was instituted on or after April 1, 2021, is eligible to apply. The Elk must also be a paid-up member through March 31, 2024. Great-grandchildren are not eligible.
- The applicant must be a high school senior.
- The applicant must apply online only. The 2024 Legacy Awards application deadline is February 5, 2024, 11:59 a.m. Pacific Time.
- If the applicant's parent and grandparent are both Elk members, the applicant must apply through the parent's Elks Lodge.
- We have waived the standardized test requirement for the 2024 Legacy contest. You do not need to submit ACT and/or SAT scores.
- Students may apply for more than one ENF scholarship; however, they may win only one. In cases where the student wins more than one, we will award the scholarship with the greater value. Students can accept local and state scholarships, which are separate from the awards at the national level.
- Legacy Awards may only be applied to accredited US American schools, colleges or universities. (Note: Applicants from Guam, Panama, Puerto Rico and the Philippines may apply Legacy Awards toward schools, colleges or universities in their respective homes.)
- If you are selected as a 2024 Legacy Awards recipient, you will be required to perform three instances of service with an Elks Lodge during the four years you are receiving the scholarship.