Feb 01, 2023 All day
Scholarship categories reflect the mission and values of the Cooperative and its members. This year’s scholarship program has three categories:
• Dawson Community College/Miles Community College Scholarship – In support of local educational institutions, up to six (6) $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to students attending Dawson Community College (DCC) or Miles Community College (MCC).
• Mid-Rivers Higher Education Scholarship – Thirty (30) $2,000 scholarships will be awarded to students pursuing or continuing their higher education at any other institution in technical, undergraduate, or graduate programs.
• Mid-Rivers Annual Meeting Drawing – Eighteen (18) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded through a drawing of eligible students in attendance at the 2023 Mid-Rivers Annual Meeting. The date and location for the 2023 Annual Meeting are to be determined and will be announced in early 2023.
Competitive Scholarships will be awarded based on how well each student’s application addresses the following priority areas:
- Demonstration of specific plans and an authentic desire to live and work in the Mid-Rivers Service Area in the future.
- Work experience and school and community activities during high school and/or college.
- Unique, inspiring and innovative Personal Statement.
- Grade point average and ACT/SAT test scores.
- Ability to communicate.
Applications available from Mid-Rivers.